Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cookie Swap Cookies!

So my big news is that my Cookie Swap cookies finally arrived this week!  (Hmm, maybe I need a hobby or something!)  And they are soooo darling!  Definitely worth the wait!  And I have to admit, I did eat MOST of them, per my partner's request, but I just had to save the lemonade pitcher and the glass.  Those were way, way too cute to eat!


And speaking of mailing cookies, I needed to get cookies shipped out to the grandkids this week, so they could have them by Valentine's Day on Monday.  I had to go a little more on the simple side than I usually do, since I had a very large order for OSU this week.  But they're little...I don't think they'll care!


I have to admit...sometimes doing cakes for boys is just not all that much fun.  Not always, but sometimes.  This week though, I had SO much fun creating this cake for Tommy's 7th birthday.  I've always wanted to try the giant Legos, and I really liked how they turned out.  The little figures are all modeled out of chocolate.  They are supposed to resemble the Lego Star Wars figures. 


And one final cake to celebrate Brad's 50th birthday.  It would also make a really cute Valentine's Day cake!


Have a great weekend!!!!

2 comments:

Tennjenny said...

Brenda, you sound a little unsure, so from the mom of a total Legohead and full-on Star Wars addict, they resemble the characters perfectly, and the cake is fantastic!

SweetSugarBelle said...

You are amazing my friend! And I envy your kitchen!!!