Saturday, April 2, 2011

Its Been Awhile!

I've dropped back into my old habits of terribly neglecting my blog!  As I posted awhile ago, my stepdaughter and three grandchildren relocated here from Florida, so they're staying with us until they find their own place.  I had totally forgotten how small children can take up every second of your day!  :)  Don't get me wrong, it's a joy to be a full-time grandma, just more tiring than I thought!  :)

But I still have to make time for cakes, of course!  Yesterday I did one of my new favorite baby shower cakes.  I really love how it turned out.  The boots are made of gumpaste, so everything on the cake is totally edible.

I also had a small wedding cake that I delivered to Little Turtle Golf Club in Westerville.  Kim, the woman in charge of the reception, was by far the sweetest person I've had the priviledge of dealing with.  She did a great job of giving me directions and having everything ready when I arrived.  Thanks Kim!  Everything on the cake is edible, except for the diamonds!


And a simple baby shower cake from last week.  I love the sentiment they picked out for the cake though...so sweet!  :)


I have lots of pictures to get caught up with, so I'll try harder this week to update more regularly!  Have a fantastic week!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Those are beautiful! I love al lthe little details on the girl baby shower cake.

~Rosanne said...

I also made a John Deere cake similar to that. It was a fun cake to make.